Towanda!

My Skoolie Saga - the process of turning a school bus into a mobile studio and traveling home.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sale Day...

Slept wretchedly after a day of hard labour for the garage sale. Kept waking and thinking. Is there anything worse than thinking when you're trying to sleep?

We had agreed that Peter would take the first shift of the day so I could sleep in, but between my fitfulness and his need for my stash of change, I was up at 6. Actually, I figured I needed to get out there and help him set up for the day, anyway, so no great loss.

Everything is damp with dew, but still there, so I guess no thieves got very excited by our "treasures" while driving by during the night.

First sale of day was at 6:45am - a neighbor who bought the two ancient Advent speakers and the PeaPod phone. So far that's 7 whole dollars from mom and dad's estate! Har!

Someone is due here to see the house at 10am, so my morning energy will go into picking up the small mess I made last night and making sure all is shipshape. For now I am sipping coffee and kicking back.

******

MUCH later. Peter spent the enTIRE day out in the heat and we ONLY made a little over $63. Bleak. Monday Salvation Army gets a call to come haul the rest of the stuff away...

The good news? Peter sat IN the bus, reading, when customers weren't about, it stayed an easy ten degrees cooler than outside! The bus was sitting in a FULL Texas sun of almost 100 degrees, and what should have been an overheated metal container simply was NOT! Hurray for the ceramic additive!

Early to bed tonight...